Display Mania Frequently Asked Questions
Here at Display Mania we try to make your experience as pleasurable and memorable as possible. In an attempt to further enhance your perception of our brand we are providing you with FAQ’s around branding and display units that may answer some questions. We will be building on this FAQ page as time goes by.
Branding and display FAQ’s
How do I place an order with Display Mania?
1. Contact one of our sales reps to get a formal quote and the templates for the artwork to be done on
– We require print ready (hi-resolution) artwork from you, will all text converted to paths (outlined) .
– If not, there is an artwork fee of R350 per hour. Check with your sales person what the artwork fee would be for your order based on out in-house artwork services
– If it is a simple layout with only a logo, please send us the hi-resolution logo (vector format where possible)
– If you have not ordered from us before, we will require that you fill in a customer information form for invoicing purposes
2. Once we get the above form back from you, we can process your order and our accounts department will send you a proforma invoice
3. We require 50% deposit before we can start with artwork proofing (if relevant to your order) and printing/manufacturing
4. You will receive your artwork proof within 24 hours of artwork AND payment received
5. Once artwork is signed off, lead time is normally 3-5 working days for smaller orders and 5-7 days for bigger orders (always check this with your sales rep first before placing order).
6. The sales rep will communicate a collection/delivery date to you once artwork has been approved
7. We will require the balance of payment on your invoice prior or upon collection/delivery.
In what format must I supply artwork to you?
- We require print ready (hi-resolution) artwork from you, will all text converted to paths (outlined) .
- If not, there is an artwork fee of R350 per hour. Check with your sales person what the artwork fee would be for your order
- If it is a simple layout with only a logo, please send us the hi-resolution logo (vector format where possible)
How long will it take to get my order / what is the lead time?
- We require 50% deposit before we can start with artwork proofing (if relevant to your order) and printing/manufacturing
- You will receive your artwork proof within 24 hours of artwork AND payment received
- Once artwork is signed off, lead time is normally 3-5 working days for smaller orders and 5-7 days for bigger orders (always check this with your sales rep first before placing order).
What are the different profile snapper frames and what is the difference?
We offer 25mm flat or half-round, 28mm, 32mm flat or half-round, 40mm single-sided and 40mm double-sided. The millimetre is the width of the actual front-on view of the frame. Flat means the clip is flat when viewing from the side, half-round means the clip has a half-round finish when viewing from the side.
I don’t see the size snapper frame I want on your price list, can you manufacture custom sizes?
We can do custom size frames on all profile options, just contact your sales rep to get a custom price worked out. Note that there are size restrictions on overlay and correx, so if your size exceeds 1250 x 2500mm, your frame won’t have correx and overlay.
I want to brand my snapper frames, can you do this?
Yes, we most certainly can. Just send the logo to your sales rep and a price for branding will be added to your snapper frame quote.
Is natural anodised (silver) the only colour snapper frames you offer?
This is the most popular colour in the industry, but if you want a different colour, we can do it for you. We can powdercoat or get it anodised in a different colour (for example gold). This will be at an extra cost (and lead time is a bit longer), so just contact your sales rep to get all the information and pricing.
Can fabric frames also be powdercoated?
Yes, we can powdercoat fabric frames as. To get more specific information please contact your sales rep for pricing.
What is an overlay in snapper frames?
Overlays are the clear plastic covers that go on top of a snapper frame, which will cover and protect the poster inside the snapper frame.
Do you do custom size lightboxes?
Yes, we are able to manufacture custom size lightboxes to your requirements. Fo particulars, pricing and confirmation that work can be done, please contact your sales rep for a custom quote.
What are pantone colours?
Most businesses, especially big corporates, like FNB and Coca-Cola, have specific colours in their logos which is stipulated in their Corporate Identities. It is important that you provide us with your or your client’s Pantone colour, in order for us to match the colour as best possible. Although we don’t print Pantone colours (as our print process is digital), we convert Pantone colours to CMYK before printing.
What is CMYK?
CMYK is a form of colour coding. Each letter stands for a colour of the inks digital printers use. C = Cyan, M = Magenta, Y = Yellow, and K = Black. Your image or artwork will be printed using a mix of these colours, and CMYK breakdowns are supplied on our electronic proofs as well.
What gazebo fabric do you use?
Our gazebo fabric is coated and 240gsm on our Premium range, and on our Delux range it is 150gsm. GSM refers to grammage and essentially means thickess of the fabric.
I have existing hardware, and just need new prints done. Can you do this?
Yes, we can do new prints (reskinning) for you. Just ensure you give all details of your existing hardware to your sales rep, and drop off your hardware for us to ensure a 100% fit.
Do you deliver completed orders directly to clients?
We deliver nationwide and can most certainly deliver to you. To get more information on delivery related inforatmion, please contact your sales rep for pricing.